Have you ever wondered “what is reflux?”
Have you ever worried that your baby may have reflux?
We decided to do this episode because reflux is so common and a big concern for new parents. Education is power.
If you are a new listener, we would love to hear from you. Please consider leaving us a review on itunes or sending us an email with your suggestions and comments to [email protected]
Things we talked about:
- Reflux is common
- Severity and baby behavior can determine how to handle it
- Being informed and educated is key
- Symptoms of reflux [5:18]
- “Reflux is expected” see more about this here https://www.ecronicon.com/ecgds/pdf/ECGDS-06-00452.pdf
- Breastfed babies have less reflux. Why? [9:05]
- Reflux vs. gerd [9:28]
- Tips for reflux babies [15:11]
- Frequent feeds
- Avoid overfeeding
- Should you thicken feedings? [21:26]
- Is there a benefit to stomach acid? [26:40]
Other resources we talked about during this episode~
Related episodes we either mentioned or we think you should check out for more information~
This week’s episode is brought to you by Fairhaven Health; fertility, pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding products. Use code BADASS for 10% off your purchase at www.fairhavenhealth.com.
This week’s episode is brought to you by Rumina Nursingwear’s Pump&Nurse Collection. Use promo code BB19 for 20% off your purchase at www.pumpandnurse.com.
Here is how you can connect with Dianne and Abby~
- Abby Theuring https://www.thebadassbreastfeeder.com
- Dianne Cassidy http://www.diannecassidyconsulting.com
Music we use~
Music: “Levels of Greatness” from “We Used to Paint Stars in the Sky (2012)” courtesy of Scott Holmes at freemusicarchive.org/music/Scott Holmes