Tracy Cassels, PhD is BACK! This week, Abby talks with Tracy about SIDS, sleep, breastfeeding, and the science behind it all. You don’t want to miss it!!
If you are a new listener, we would love to hear from you. Please consider leaving us a review on itunes or sending us an email with your suggestions and comments to [email protected]
WE HAVE TRANSCRIPTS!! You can also add your email to our list and have episodes sent right to your inbox!
Things we talked about:
If you don’t already know of her, who is Tracy Cassels, PhD? [4:21]
Difference between SIDS and suffocation [13:20]
The infant breathing process (so fascinating!) [15:55]
SIDS in different sleep environments [24:03]
Resources for professionals [35:10]
Precocial mammals? That’s us! [46:17]
Intentionality and sleep environment [57:27]
Our babies expect to be close to us [1:02:00]
Where to find and follow Tracy [1:18:00]
This week’s episode is brought to you by Original Sprout! Original Sprout carries safe, effective, and pediatrician tested shampoos, conditioners, styling and body care products produced and packed in California, USA. Use code BADASS for 25% off your purchase at www.originalsprout.com!
Today’s episode is also brought to you by Sheila Darling Coaching! heila Darling is a social worker, certified hypnotherapist and mindfulness meditation teacher. Head to www.Sheiladarling.com to schedule your consultation today. And mention the badass breastfeeding podcast when scheduling your consultation and receive 10% off a coaching package.
Links to information we discussed or episodes you should check out!
SIDS and Social Justice https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/mcn.12652
Baby Sleep Info Source (BASIS) Online Training Packages
We are pleased to announce that we have added new dates to our 2021 webinar training packages. Early booking is recommended as places are limited.
We offer two training packages for health professionals, independent practitioners, peer supporters etc. For full details click here.
To book and to view up-to-date availability click here
Normal infant Sleep: 3.5 hrs of self-study webinars + 1.5 hrs online group discussion.
Choose from the following:
– Webinar link made available 1 Apr to 15 Apr, discussion held 15 Apr 9.30am-11am
– Webinar link made available 15 Apr to 29 Apr, discussion held 29 Apr 2pm-3.30pm
– Webinar link made available 29 Apr to 13 May, discussion held 13 May 2pm-3.30pm
– Webinar link made available 13 May to 27 May, discussion held 27 May 9.30am-11am
– Webinar link made available 27 May to 10 Jun, discussion held 10 Jun 2pm-3.30pm
– Webinar link made available 10 Jun to 24 Jun, discussion held 24 Jun 9.30am-11am
Safe Sleep & SIDS: 3.5 hrs of self-study webinars + 1.5 hrs online group discussion.
Choose from the following:
– Webinar link made available 02 Apr to 16 Apr, discussion held 16 Apr 9.30am-11am
– Webinar link made available 16 Apr to 30 Apr, discussion held 30 Apr 2pm-3.30pm
– Webinar link made available 30 Apr to 14 May, discussion held 14 May 2pm-3.30pm
– Webinar link made available 14 May to 28 May, discussion held 28 May 9.30am-11am
– Webinar link made available 28 May to 11 Jun, discussion held 11 Jun 2pm-3.30pm
– Webinar link made available 11 Jun to 25 Jun, discussion held 25 Jun 9.30am-11am
***More dates will be added later in the year***
£50 per individual per package
£70 per individual for both packages booked together
Free for NHS Scotland staff until the end of June 2021 (please sign up using your NHS Scotland email. You may also be asked for further verification after booking).
Other episodes you should know about
Set up your consultation with Dianne
Check out Dianne’s blog here~
Here is how you can connect with Dianne and Abby~
- Abby Theuring https://www.thebadassbreastfeeder.com
- Dianne Cassidy http://www.diannecassidyconsulting.com
Music we use~
Music: “Levels of Greatness” from “We Used to Paint Stars in the Sky (2012)” courtesy of Scott Holmes at freemusicarchive.org/music/Scott Holmes